RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

A Passing of a Visionary

We just heard that Dr. David Hawkins – visionary and
author of the breakthrough book Power vs. Force died
peacefully at home in Sedona, Arizona, on September
19, 2012, at the age of 85.

He was born on June 3, 1927, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin;
he had been a resident of Sedona since 1979.

David was an amazing man and his work helped people
across the world.  He pioneered a process of muscle
testing together with a map of consciousness to help
people discover the fundamental nature of emotional,
mental, spiritual, physical and karmic dis-ease.

7 years ago, his work became a vital part of our lives.
We are grateful to Dr. Hawkins for his incredible
contributions to the field of consciousness research.

We send blessings to his family as well as his many
friends and students who experienced his work.

David – you will be missed…

Paul Bauer and the team at Dreams Alive

Trackback URL

1. 27 Comment(s)

2. By jerry on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

he was really a great man indeed,we miss a great man.may he soul rest in perfect peace.

3. By Leon Madkins, PhD on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

He will be missed.

4. By Jim H. White on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

I have read most of what David has written and have many of his videos. As i was coming to the realization that my path in life would have me write in the converging areas of system science and David’s ideas on the new spiritulaity, I found that what he contributed was vital to what I was doing. I will miss him and his gentle smile. Peace to his wife and family.

5. By Donna on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

I’m sure he will be causing quite a “Stir” where he is NOW. 🙂
    Will Miss his “infectious” LAUGH

The Good, the Holy and the Beautiful,
    Donna

6. By Chris T on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Really sorry to hear the news. David your books are incredibly powerful. I find the I of the Eye a really useful book. God bless you my friend

7. By Isabelle on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for sharing this news. A very brave man has gone to new realms.

8. By melody on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

I just drove my son to college and for that long drive home I listened to Dr. Hawkins CD’s that I bought long ago. As I listened I heard an even greater understanding than I did the first time. His lessons and understandings are timeless as well as like an onion deep with layers. As you grow so does a deeper understanding of the knowledge he wished us to understand. A gift that keeps giving. Thanks Dr. Hawkins Happy Birthday to the other side of the all that is…..

9. By Victor Perry,M.D. on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for sharing the news.Thank you Dr.Hawkins for making “The Great WorK” so much easier.My condolences to all who were close to him.Peace.

10. By Kundi on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Bless you on your next journey David and thank you for all you’ve given us on this plain. Many blessings for your family and the Lord hold them close in this time of transition. I love you and you will be missed. God Bless Us All … Kundi

11. By Renae on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

As we all know, Dr. Hawkins has assisted in awakening and evolving mankind on many levels with the work he so unconditionally shared with each of us. It is with tremendous love and awareness that we welcome his energy as he becomes one with all that is and can now evolve and spread his wings to a higher dimension of awareness. He may have shed his physical form but he did not abandon us or his work. He will now choose to help this planet, and everyone on it, evolve to another state of awareness as he can best do with the energy he has now become. We all thank you and honor you for your work and the work you continue to do in the highest and best good of evolution and mankind’s awareness. We will miss you on the earth plane Dr. Hawkins but look forward to your work on another plane of existence, comprehension and consciousness.

12. By Bonnie James on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

I had heard this when he died and it saddened me but he work will go on in another time frame and so will he. You showed us his work in some of your classes and I will say it did change the way I looked at and felt felt about everything. May he rest in peace.

13. By Nicole on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for sharing this information with us Paul. Dr Hawkins was a true visionary the planet has lost a great teacher. His beautiful smile will always be remembered while he is enjoying his new journey back in spirit form. I sing the Body Electric! RIP Dr Hawkins!

14. By Helena on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

So long Dr. Hawkins, as much as you have helped us on this side, I am certain you will continue on to help us from the “other side”..
    your book Power vs Force had quite an impact. Very grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from you and about you.

Love, Light
    Helena

15. By Nancy Vinal on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Hawkins book Power vs. Force is so dog eared and sticky tabbed and underlined and highlighted that I know he is proud of me.

I only wish that I had gotten to meet him physically. Soul power was his specialty… and I will talk to him every time I think of him, which will be often.

Good speed….. fly fly fly…

16. By Colleen on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for your most brilliant and generous contribution to human evolution

17. By Somnath on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

David, our precious soul, come back soon. Still wonering, if it was you receiving shaktipat in N.Y. 1974 from Swami Muktananda….because myself
    received just the splash of it thundering down my spine and opening the heart like a miracle… and so we might have been simultaneously. Feel we are eternal brothers anyway, like surelly many others do too –
    may be you prefer to remain an angel, but to get a new model body hopefully is also of interest to you. Tweet us from Paradise please.

18. By Trinidad on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

David made an incredible contribution to the lives of so many of us. Thank you David for who you are and always will be. You inspired the best in my thinking and my life! Aloha means ‘until we meet again’. Aloha, David!

19. By Marie on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

I am feeling profoundly sad by this news.
    Power vs Force is one of my favourite books. I get so much much out of this wonderful book.
    Profound gratitude Dr Hawkins for the amazing contribution you brought to the world evolution of consciousness! RIP

20. By Lilly Fitzgerald on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

I began reading Dr Hawkins’ work quite a few years ago. I still refer to aspects of it and in so doing it never really occurs to me he should pass; in actually he has only transformed I guess. Clearly, in many respects he was a ‘man before his time’, a person who impacted globally in such a humble way, a person I have enormous respect for.

21. By Nicola on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Sad to hear about the passing of a present day visionary. I have the book Power vs Force but have not yet read it. I’m sure it will be impactfull on my path.

22. By Ross on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for the news about the Higher Journey of an Enlightened Master. Dr. Hawkin’s book Power vs. Force , literally leaped off the shelf into my hands and since that blessed day I’ve found his wisdom in the works of many other Great Souls.
    Dr. Hawkin’s wisdom has forever raised the Collective Conscious “level” of Humanity! I know his wisdom certainly has raised mine!
    Infinite Love and Gratitude Dr.H, May you Journey with the Angels!

23. By Haridass Singh on Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

David was and still is an inspiration through the legacy of his work. Paul, you introduced me to Power vs Force on one of your calls. Thank you. The ‘map of human consciousness’ is a masterwork. This and the rest of the words in his books are ‘state changers’ when the reader is ready to receive the wisdom held on the pages. David – thank you for bravely sharing your wisdom and the research work you did.

24. By Geneva Gallander on Oct 3, 2012 | Reply

His Physical Presence will be greatly missed. We can always be grateful for the Legacy that he left all of us. David’s work is like a Light that shines in the darkness and what we can learn from his Pioneering Work is beyond anything that can be measured. I am very thankful for everything that I have learned and still learning from David’s Work

25. By Elsamay on Oct 3, 2012 | Reply

I was introduced to his work by Dr. Wayne Dyer who praised Power vs Force. I have not read it as yet but I will get it soon and read it. It sounds as if this man was an incredible teacher and I want to meet his energy self through his writings.

26. By Mark on Oct 3, 2012 | Reply

Dr. Hawkins shared an enlightened perspective that I sincerely respect and appreciate. His legacy is his profound service to humanity and that’s the best. Smooth sailing David Hawkins. Thank you.

27. By Donna A. Regalado on Nov 4, 2012 | Reply

Thank you, Dr. Hawkins for a life well lived! I learned so much from you that I continue to share. May God bless you!

28. By Brent on Apr 7, 2013 | Reply

I first read Power Vs Force 3 years ago and just re-read it at the suggestion of a friend. I got way more out of it the second time so I guess I was ready this time. I’m now reading Healing and Recovery. I didn’t realize he had passed until very recently and when told felt like I’d lost a close friend even though I’d never met him but now I really wish I had. He was an incredible gift to humanity and I share his loss with his wife Susan and all that were so very fortunate to actually meet and know him.